Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Future of Reading?

The article was one of those descriptions of a sad truth. I knew that television had significantly changed how people today read because I had fallen susceptible to the addiction myself. I have rountinely choosen American Idol over a good book. Once an avid reader I have felt myself drift farther and farther away from reading. Other than the mandatory textbooks and school assigned articles, I identify with the the other wise non -reading young person mentioned in the article.I enjoyed that I had first hand experience with the content of the article. I also thought the article was really cool in that it addressed the psychological aspect behind reading. The idea that there are "orals" and "literates" is an interesting concept explored in conversations with Uzbekistan peasants.

The notation system was helpful because I was able to make clear distinctions about what I felt about the major themes of the article. Whether or not I was confused, interested, or opinionated I could isolate that feeling and apply to what I was reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment